So I have got a bunch of new audio equipment, and I have been looking for a good subject on which to test it. This afternoon, we had one hell of a thunderstorm, so I decided to record a bit of it.
The audio sample you will here was recorded in full stereo. I used two CAD GXL-2400 mics with pop filters because of the wind. One was setup in an east facing window (left channel) and one in a south facing window (right channel).
The mics feed into an Alesis Multimix 12FXD. The mixer then feeds the audio via an S/PDIF (digital) output to a digital input on my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card.
The sample was recorded with Audacity.
This is a totally clean signal– no reverb, no effects, no compression– nothing. Just the mics to the board to the PC, then converted to MP3.
You may notice a few digital artifacts in the sound. I have got to figure out how to eliminate this.